Week 1 Not being a commited friend, physically absent or unavailable mentaly, ignoring friends, not taking a intrest in their lifes, Emotionally not there for them
Proverbs 17:17 “A friend loves at all times, and a brouther is born for a time of adversity”
1. When was the first time (that you can remember) that you were betrayed by a friend?
2. How does it feel when someone pushes you to the side in a friendship? What message does it send?
3. What are the different types of ways someone can be absent in a friendship?
4. In what ways are you guilty of not being a committed friend?
5. What specific changes do you need to make toward which friends in order to be “a friend at all times”? Make a commitment to righting that wrong this week.
Week 2 Tearing down with words, plain name calling, exposing personal info/ secrets they told ya, lying to them or about them.
Proverbs 16: 28 “A perverse person stirs up confict, and a gossip seperates good friends”
1. What’s the most hurtful thing a loved one has ever said to you?
2. Proverbs 12:18 says that reckless words can “pierce like swords.” How could each area listed above (mean, unnecessary, or lies) affect someone in that way?
3. How do you see these ways of tearing people down among your own friends and in school? Do not share the names of specific people.
4. In what ways do you fail to consider whether or not words spoken to/about your friends that are true, helpful, inspiring, necessary, or kind?
5. Who is someone to whom you need to make amends, because you failed to keep a secret or spoke unfairly about them?
Week 3 Setting good examples. Convice them that they dont need to prove themselves to anyone. Surround them with the right situations and people.
Proverbs 13:20 “He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the one who walks with fools will be destroyed”
1 Corinthians 15:33 “Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
1. When was a time you got in trouble with your friends?
2. Why is it so easy to give into peer pressure?
3. What does it feel like to be in a bad situation? How can you prevent it from happening?
4. Where would you say your friends are taking you? Where could you end up because of the friends you have? This could be good or bad.
5. Are there any habits you need to work on fixing, or relationships that you need to be a better influence in? Maybe right here, you can make a difference
Week 4 Dont tell em about Jesus- avoiding talking about Jesus, not sharing your beleifs, or not telling your friends the truth… even when it may hurt them- if its for their best interests.
Romans 10:13-14 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without somone preaching to them?
- Tell about a time you were afraid to share something with someone or a group (a story, answer, or belief). Why did you feel that way? What did you end up doing, and why?
- What does the expression “You might be the only Jesus someone ever meets” mean?
- What are your fears about being open about your faith? Do they outweigh someone else living a life not knowing about what is available to them?
- Based on just the life you are living, what testimony (your story or beliefs) are you preaching without words?