Another option for travel medicineJune 10, 2012
Jr High Night at the M’s GameJune 20, 2012
As our weekly program has ended for the summer, and as we shift into summer program mode, it is time to shift our attention to the San Francisco mission trip. We are getting excited as we put the final details together for what is going to be an incredible week of ministry, learning, serving & growth. Of course there are a few things to take care of before we are ready to go, and I wanted to give you some important information.
- Departure– We will be leaving from John Knox on July 28th @ 9:30 am
- We will be driving to Weed, CA and we will spend the night at Grace Presbyterian Church of Weed
- We will then drive into San Francisco to start our trip.
- Return- We will leave San Francisco on Friday morning August 3rd and will drive to Eugene, Or and will spend the night at Westminster Presbyterian Church
- We anticipate an arrival time back to Seattle around 2:00 pm on the August 4th.
- Spending money-This is not a shopping trip, and there will not be lots of places where money will be needed. Your student will need money for 4 meals during travel. We also will have one evening free, where they might have the opportunity to spend a little cash. They will also be able to purchase trip t-shirts for $15.00.
- Cell Phones and personal electronics-The use of cell phones and personal electronics will be strictly prohibited during the trip. Students my bring them for the travel, but once we get to San Francisco, we will collect them, and place them under our care.
- If you need to get a hold of us during the trip, my cell phone # is 206.931.6560
- We will be posting daily updates on this web site, including pictures, videos and stories. We encourage you to follow along, and pass it on to your loved ones so they can also follow along. Also feel free to leave comments, and we will pass those onto your student.
- Packing List– Please follow the guidelines given in this packing list.
We need you to fill out the following forms and bring them with you on July 28th-
- Medical Release (which is actually good for all events at JKPC for one year)
- Alameda County Food Bank (this is a form required to be filled out for everyone volunteering with the Alameda County Food Bank)
- If you are interested in learning more about the Center for Student Missions, the organization that we are using while we are in San Francisco, please check out the information they have on their website: CSM
- Vans & vehicles- We have tried to keep our costs for this trip down as much as possible, and that means trying to avoid renting vehicles for the trip. We are looking for a few vehicles that we could borrow for the week. Do you have a van or other 7+ passenger vehicle that you would be willing to let us borrow for the week? We have full insurance, adult drivers, and will return the vehicles washed and cleaned. If you could help us out, please contact me.
- Quite a few of you still have outstanding balances. If you have a trip balance, can you please pay your remainder? If you need to make additional arrangements, please contact Marsha Baklund (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have a question that I haven’t covered here, please contact me, email@example.com
We are excited about this trip, and look forward to a great week!