Project Serve 2018 | Bay Area
Bay Area Mission Trip
13 years ago, JK Students were looking to start a new Jr. High mission trip. The previous year, we took our first ever Jr. High mission trip to Yakima. While that was a good experience, we knew we were ultimately looking for something a bit different. Our youth director, Dave Roberts had lead Jr. High students to San Francisco during his time at a another church. After looking into the possibility of doing the same thing here at John Knox, we decided to give a trip to San Francisco a shot
After our first week in San Francisco, we knew that this trip was a good fit for us. The organization we used The Center for Student Missions provided such a great run trip and experience for us, that we knew we'd be back! We have been going back with CSM every other year since.
This trip is a week of fun, ministry, service, adventure, growth, and memories. Many of our students point to their week in San Francisco as one of the best things they have ever done at church. If you have questions, take a look at our questions section or contact Dave and we'd be happy to get you the answers you need. We hope you consider joining us this summer as we will be all about
Questions you might have about our trip
Precautions we take to maintain safety
- Students are never out and about without an adult. We don't let students wander the streets by themselves, ever!
- When we do have downtime, students are restricted to the housing area or they will be with a leader. At. All. Times/
- We have leaders with us from the Center for Student Mission who know the neighborhoods, ministries, and the goings on. They make sure we are only in places that are safe for us to be.
- Did we mention that students are not out and about without adult leaders?
- We teach students how to act while out in public, and we expect them to act in a way that does not draw unnecessary attention to themselves.
Learn more about CSM from their website
The Center for Student Missions
If you need to discuss scholarships, please contact Dave Roberts
Note: We might ask that students receiving scholarships do extra fundraising to help offset the cost.
- Homeless Ministry
- Soup Kitchens
- Kids Ministry
- Working with the Salvation Army
- Food delivery with Project Open Hand
- prayer tours
- learning simulation activities
- food banks